Friday, March 27, 2009

Just a Number

I do a fair bit of shopping online. It saves the whole 'getting dressed and leaving the house' thing, which for me and my disability is a painful venture. Usually, the parcels are delivered without incident. But this morning...grrr...I'm still fuming...a parcel came to the door for which there was a small duty charge owing. No problem - I was gathering the money (digging in DH's pockets, etc.) when the delivery guy...left. Just left. Handed an incomplete delivery notice to J, and just walked away - with my parcel! I literally had the money in my hand, and was on the way to the door, and he just left. What's up with that? Now I'll have to arrange for someone to go to the Post office tomorrow just to pick up this item that was right there at my door and he just walked away with it!! To add insult to injury, I jumped on to the Canada Post website to lodge a complaint, and now I feel the need to complain about their website. It should be simple: find the 'Contact Us' button, write a scathing complaint, and hit send. Right? Wrong! It appears that you can ONLY send their little form to them if you have a customer number. I don't have - nor do I need - a customer number. That's for companies or WAH folks who actually do business with them. I'm just a regular customer - without a number. Which is kinda odd - because right now I feel that's exactly what I am.

Just a number.

No comments:

Post a Comment